What do you do with a test once it is returned to you with a grade? It's a good idea to do a quick analysis of your performance. Ask yourself a few questions:
- Was there a certain type of question that caused problems for you?
- Was your essay short on substance?
- Was there a question that took you by surprise? Why?
- Was there information that you didn't study?
- What were your strengths?
- What cost you points?
Look over the test to see if you can find a pattern, whether it reflects a problem or a strength in your test performance. If you do this several times, you'll learn a lot about improving your work.