There are a number of steps you could take to really improve your performance in school, so this is a perfect time to pick one or two great study habits and resolve to work on them. You'll find that you don't have to change your whole personality or your whole life to improve your grades; one or two small changes in your habits will make a huge difference.
- Resolve to read your assignments. Many students choose to skip this step and rely on teacher lectures. Most of the time you can get away with this to maintain an average GPA. But is that really your goal?
- Resolve to record every assignment and due date in your planner. This action, alone, will improve your performance.
- Resolve to read classic literature outside your assignments. This will increase your vocabulary and expand your mind.
- Resolve to be on time every day. Tardiness can lead to many more problems.
- Keep a journal. Journal writing is good for your brain, good for your emotional health, and good for your writing skills.
Can you think of another resolution that will improve your grades?