Similes That Include "Like"
Many similes are easy to identify because the include the word "like."
- Her voice was like fingernails on a chalkboard.
- The delicious smell meandered through the house like a stream.
- That bed was like a pile of rocks.
- My heart is racing like a frightened rabbit.
- The fire alarm was like a screaming baby.
- Watching that movie was like watching paint dry.
Some similes are called as--as similes, for obvious reasons!
- That kid can run as fast as a cheetah.
- This sauce is as hot as the sun.
- My tongue is as dry as burnt toast.
- Your face is as red as hot coals.
- His feet were as big as a tree.
- The air was as cold as the inside of a freezer.
- These bed sheets are as scratchy as sandpaper.
- The sky is as dark as ink.
Can you think of a really interesting simile?