Tactile learners like to experience the world and act out events. To remember a phone number, tactile learners may remember the pattern of their fingers as the press the numbers.
Tactile learners can remember complicated directions once they've acted them out.
Look over these traits to see if they sound familiar to you. You may be a tactile learner if you are someone who:
- Is good at sports.
- Cant sit still for long.
- Is not great at spelling.
- Does not have great handwriting.
- Likes science lab.
- Studies with loud music on.
- Likes adventure books, movies.
- Likes role playing.
- Takes breaks when studying.
- Builds models.
- Is involved in martial arts, dance.
- Is fidgety during lectures.
Kinesthetic Learners Can Benefit from:
- Studying in short blocks.
- Taking lab classes.
- Role playing.
- Taking field trips, visiting museums.
- Studying with others.
- Using memory games.
- Using flash cards to memorize.
Worst Test Type:
Long tests, essays.
Best Test Type:
Short definitions, fill-ins, multiple choice.