You can spice up your presentation or classroom activity with interactive games. Sometimes you'll find it necessary to choose teams in your activities. This is a fun, fair way to choose teams.
Time Required: 5 minutes
- On a white board, wall-sized sticky note, or chalk board, write a rectangular grid of numbers randomly. Put the numbers in equal columns. For two teams, write the numbers 1 and 2, and for three teams, write the numbers 1, 2, and 3 (and so on).
- On three or four colored pads of sticky notes, write the letters of the alphabet. Write one letter on each note. If you run out of letters, start using double letters.
- Place the sticky notes over the numbers on the board.
- Have each member of your audience or class select a letter. As each letter is selected, pull the sticky note off the board to reveal the number under the selected letter. That is the team number for the student or audience member.
- Try to use a variety of colors for your sticky notes and numbers. Colored markers help!
- Be sure to get into the classroom well ahead of time. Don't get caught setting up the numbers!
What You Need
- Colored sticky notes.
- Colored markers.