From the article: 10 Common Test Mistakes
Everybody makes a dumb or frustrating mistake on a test sometime. Careless test mistakes can be costly! Have you made a mistake that stands out in your memory? Tell Us About It!
Wrong question number
- For some exams, we get to choose questions. I chose a question, circled it, but wrote the wrong question number in the margin. My teacher crossed out the entire thing because "it had nothing to do with the question you chose."
- —Guest Yvgbyg
The Big One
- mark the right answer, and then go back and change it to a wrong answer.............we all do it
- —Guest relate 2 me
- i always prepared well for an exam.However no matter how well i prepared i always used to panic whenever i came across any question.as a result i could not think of any solution.also i lost a lot of time.so in these situations what i did is i relaxed, assured myself that i had studied and thought of the solution.inevitably i could solve the problem with great ease.so next time if you find yourself in such situations(i hope you don't) then relax and just think of the answer .As easy as cakewalk!
- —Guest vick
I do it a lot on math tests...
- I forget the negative sign, do addition instead of multiplication, don't read the question and do the opposite of what it says... the list goes on and on.
- —Guest awesomeness
ACT test "Prohibited behaviour"
- I took ACT test today.And admin told me that he reported in my admission ticket that he suspect(he is not sure) that i'd mark the one bubble in answer sheet in section 1,while i was on section 2 on answer sheet(booklet have nothing to do with that),and that rest of the test was regular and he didn't see any signs of something like that by me. My question is,can this influence ACT to reject my test so i they want send me a score?Thanks.
- —Guest Luka
Check for clues throughout test
- This little trick works well especially for language tests. Lots of times if you come to a question you don't know, mark it and go back later. The later questions might have hidden hints or examples that can help you figure out a question.
- —Guest Wibster
- Once we had a quiz where we had to label the states on a blank map. It was supposed to be an easy 100, but I somehow labeled North and South Dakota backwards.
- —Guest Andrew
Lack of confidence :(
- Whenever I have my biology paper (not in case of class test), I go to the college well prepared on the day of the exam but when I get the paper in my hand, my mind somehow, goes COMPLETELY BLANK due to which I become tensed & my handwriting becomes very untidy resulting into bad presentation and loss of marks ! Tell me what to do?
the most embarrasing moment
- i got an honors project for the science empossium and i got an f because i did the wrong element always read the directions
- —Guest daijaan
- Often before I take tests or quizzes, I stare at the paper for a while, and then some of the information pops up in my head.
- —Guest P
keep track of time
- When i took the ACT, the teacheer told us when we were down to 20 mins., 10 mins., and 5 mins.. I still had a few to answer but i figured the teacher would let us know when it was down to a minute, but she didn't. So i missed 5 questions on the ACT because my teacher forgot to tell us at 1 min. til.
- —Guest stef-ahh-knee
- My final was using a scantron fill in the bubble sheet and because i didn't erase the bubble completely the scantron reader marked it wrong! always double check your eraser marks
- —Guest d
- I was taking my math test and i always write my answers on the test booklet. When it was time to trasfer them I did. I handed in my work and then i realized that I bubbled the wrong number. My teacher didnt let me take it back. Fail
- —Guest Rojer Mason
TRANSFER YOUR ANSWERS RIGHT
- i was taking a test where i had to transfer my answers to another sheet, so i put down all of my answers on the test, but i TRANSFERED THEM ONTO THE PAPER WRONG!!!!!
- —Guest peanut butter
Copy the question correctly (math)
- I know the method, or how to solve the equation.. but I copied the wrong question, and was only awarded method marks. So, check whether you have answer the correct question..
- —Guest 9cool
1-15 of 24Next